Traffic violations are an everyday reality for drivers, and understanding the nuances of various offenses is crucial to ensuring your safety on the road and avoiding legal complications. Whether you’ve been charged with speeding, careless driving, reckless driving, or other traffic-related infractions, being informed about the potential consequences is essential.
Colorado’s traffic laws are designed to maintain road safety and protect all road users. While some violations may seem minor, they can have lasting consequences, including fines, points on your driving record, increased insurance premiums, license suspension, and even imprisonment in certain cases.
At Berken & Cloyes, PC, we offer legal guidance and representation to individuals facing traffic violations in Colorado.
Dealing with traffic violations? Take control of your defense!
Contact our office to schedule a free case evaluation today
Common Traffic Violations We Represent
- No Proof of Insurance: Driving without proof of insurance is a serious offense in Colorado. To comply with the law, you must carry minimum liability insurance coverage. Failing to provide proof of insurance when requested can result in fines, license suspension, and potential legal consequences.
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most prevalent traffic violations. Penalties for speeding vary depending on how much over the speed limit you were traveling, but they often include fines, points on your driving record, and increased insurance premiums.
- Careless Driving: Careless driving is a broad offense that encompasses a range of behaviors, such as distracted driving, tailgating, or other reckless actions that endanger others on the road. Penalties may include fines, points on your driving record, and even license suspension in severe cases.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving is a more serious offense than careless driving and typically involves a willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others. Penalties may include fines, points on your driving record, and potential jail time.
- Eluding: Eluding law enforcement involves failing to stop for a police officer attempting to pull you over. This is a felony offense and can result in substantial fines, license suspension, and imprisonment.
- Speed Exhibition: Speed exhibition refers to showing off speed or racing on public roads. Engaging in speed exhibition can result in fines, license suspension, and even vehicle impoundment.
Legal Defense for Traffic Violations
When facing traffic violations, it’s essential to understand your rights and explore your legal options. Berken & Cloyes, PC, can provide effective legal representation to challenge traffic citations, negotiate reduced penalties, or seek dismissal of charges when applicable. Our experienced attorneys will work to protect your driving record and minimize the impact on your insurance rates.
If you are dealing with traffic violations in Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Boulder, Loveland or any nearby area, or need assistance with a related legal matter, Berken & Cloyes, PC, is here to help.
Contact us at (303) 623-4357 for a consultation to discuss your case, understand your rights, and explore potential defense strategies. We are dedicated to providing you with the support and legal representation you need to navigate traffic violations effectively.